What is the Mission Focus of the Month?
YOU are exactly who God has created you to be, and God has designed you to fulfill a mission that only you can! Our hope is that as we learn about different ministries in our community and throughout the world, something will speak to you. Our dream is for you to experience the JOY of living into your purpose. Keep scrolling to experience our Mission Focus of the Month in a more in-depth way.
Through the Christmas Angels program, Hillside provides complete gifts for hundreds of children in need, as identified by Cherokee County school counselors and DFACS. The Christmas Angels program also supports the Goshen Valley Boys Ranch and Murphy-Harpst Children's Home through financial donations.
Adopt a Child
Adoptions will take place on each Sunday in November, before and after Modern and Traditional Service. Our volunteer team will be happy to assist you in getting started. You can also adopt a child online here.
We need drivers on December 12th to deliver gifts and food boxes out in the community. We will provide everything you need - gifts, food, map. Delivery begins at 1:00pm outside the Sanctuary.
October 2021 - MUST Ministries
MUST addresses the basic needs of individuals, families and children with facilities in the Cobb and Cherokee counties and programs in numerous other counties with a mission to serve our neighbors in need … transforming lives and communities in response to Christ's call.
- Sign up to participate in or volunteer for the annual Gobble Jog on Thanksgiving Day here. If you are participating, make sure to register as a Hillside team member (Hillside UMC - Dressin and Drumsticks)!
- Join a team to install blinds at the new Build Hope a Home shelter. Contact Craig K. for more information.
- MUST Toy Shop for parents to shop for Christmas presents. Summer Lunch in 2022 - Hillside UMC is a host site!
- Contribute to or volunteer at a MUST neighborhood pantry, serving our Cherokee County students. Learn more and sign up to serve here.
- Volunteer with Hillside's Breaking Bread - Sign up here.
- Commit to a weekly or monthly volunteer position in food, clothing, workforce development, outreach/housing, or administrative areas at the Canton or Marietta locations.
This year, Hillside has:
Donated products to independent pantries at Woodstock and Etowah High School.
Fulfilled the $10,000 commitment to Build Hope a Home, MUST's new emergency shelter, set to open in 2022.
Provided program support through Missions and Outreach and Men's Ministry.
Delivered over 9,000 meals through Summer Lunch.
Served dinner at the Elizabeth Inn 2-4 times per month.
September 2021 - Foreign Missions
Hillside typically offers two international trips each year to Orphanage Emmanuel in Guaimaca, Honduras and to San Lorenzo, Honduras through HOI. We are currently unable to make these trips; however, God is still working in these places, and (here's the cool part), you are still a part of it!
Find out more about Orphanage Emmanuel.
Find out more about Honduras Outreach International.
There are pictures of the children who live at Orphanage Emmanuel around the church. We challenge you to take the photo of a child and intentionally pray for that child by name. Pray for them daily and be open to what God has in store for you as you do.
In the month of September, Hillside has:
Committed to intentionally pray for 125+ children by name.
Distributed funding to frontline workers in the church of Afghanistan.
Distributed funding through UMCOR to support relief efforts in Haiti.